In June 2018, the Princess Máxima Centre for Paediatric Oncology in Utrecht (NL) was opened by our then Queen Beatrix. Since then, all children with cancer from all over the Netherlands have been treated at the Máxima. Around 600 children in the Netherlands are diagnosed with cancer every year, and currently 1 in 4 children still die from this disease. The Princess Máxima Centre has one ambition: to cure every child with cancer, with optimal quality of life. To achieve this mission, all knowledge and expertise in the field of paediatric oncological care and research has been brought together in the Máxima Centre. That makes all the difference. It is a huge step forward, so that every child with cancer gets the best tailored treatment and, more importantly, a greater chance of survival.
Tricorp wants to contribute to this mission. This is why we are Business Friend of the Princess Máxima Centre, contributing to:
- the important mission: 100% cure, 0% side effects;
- advanced research into innovative treatment methods that increase the chance of survival;
- the talent programme in which the centre trains doctors and researchers to become specialists in paediatric oncology.
Important dates on which we pay extra attention to this charity:
- 15 February, World Children's Cancer Day
- 5 June, the birthday/opening date of the Princess Maxima Centre
- September, children's cancer mont
Do you like to be kept up to date with developments within the Máxima? Then you can subscribe to the newsletter here or follow the LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/prinses-m-xima-centrum-voor-kinderoncologie/.